The email or electronic mail is a fast way to deliver mail through the use of the internet. During the early years of the internet, there were two ways you can send an e-mail.
- Through an email client on your desktop
- Through a web client on your browser
How is the e-mail powerful? I'll ask you something... What is the first thing you do when you come to the office, or when at home, open your computer and connect to the internet? Ok, so most of us would check facebook. But alongside this, we never fail to check our email inbox.
Any reputable company has an e-mail and their email address would usually correspond to their company's name, company domain name or their product and services. That's a good point, you should do that to your business too!
E-Mails allow your customers to just drop you a message and then check back the next day for response. By having your customers contact you via e-mail, they allow you to make a personal connection because
- They usually have their real names published on that e-mail message
- E-Mails are used as personal or professional communication tools
- They allow you to sell something to them without getting annoyed (depends on how you do it)
EMail Marketing Tips
- Make your e-mail address easy to remember
- Put your signature or brand on your e-mail messages like your company logo or slogan
- Leave your contact numbers, website or other e-mail addresses
- Establish an e-mail newsletter by putting an opt-in subscription form on your website. Likewise, you should give them a choice to opt-out of your newsletter. You can check services like feedburner, feedblitz or aweber to see which one fits your needs. You can see how this works when you sign in to my newsletter, completely optional and free.
- Do not spam. Put yourself in your customer's shoes. How would you perceive an e-mail you're going to send if you were your customer?
Photo Credit: JohnnyEnglish